Terms and Conditions
1.0 Terms and Conditions
Please read these terms and conditions carefully. By accessing this website you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions below. These terms and conditions are subject to change without notice, from time to time in our sole discretion. We will notify you of amendments to these terms and conditions by posting them to the website. If you do not agree with these terms and conditions, please do not access this website.
2.0 Acceptance of Terms and Conditions
- Copyright and Permissions
- Members Terms and Conditions for the Access and Use of Electronic Services
- Members Terms and Conditions for the Access and Use of the GSTT’S Online Store
- Members Terms and Conditions for the Access and Use of Subscriptions
3.0 Copyrights and Permissions
The Geological Society of Trinidad and Tobago (thegstt.org) has a liberal view on
the re-use of its published content for legitimate research, study, teaching and
communication, provided its legitimate interests are not damaged in so doing. It
is essential, however, that any party seeking permission to re-use content from
the website makes a formal request to the Geological Society of Trinidad and
Tobago, and that the source of material is fully acknowledged.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Links to and from the Geological Society of Trinidad and Tobago’s website do not mean that that we endorse or approve those websites or the accuracy and reliability of their content. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information.
- Use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- You may use the Geological Society of Trinidad and Tobago’s live stream feed on your website, blog or other product or service, as long as the Geological Society’s feeds that you subscribed to are displayed in full and accurately.
4.1 User Conduct
- use the Sites and Services in any manner that violates any relevant law or that infringes, misappropriates or violates any third party's rights, including, but not limited to, transmitting any Content that may infringe, misappropriate or violate a third party's rights of publicity, contractual rights, fiduciary rights or intellectual property rights;
- reproduce, duplicate, copy, modify, sell, re-sell or exploit any Content or the Sites and Services for any commercial, educational, or any other non-personal purpose or any for any purpose unrelated to your personal purchasing decisions, without the express written consent of http://thegstt.org, which consent may be withheld by http://thegstt.org in our sole discretion;
- post non-local or otherwise irrelevant Content, repeatedly post the same or similar Content or otherwise impose an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure, interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Sites and Services or any activities conducted on the Sites and Services;
- harass, threaten, intimidate, impersonate, or attempt to impersonate, any other person, falsify your contact or other information, misrepresent a relationship with any person or entity, including misrepresenting a relationship with http://thegstt.org, or otherwise attempt to mislead others as to the identity of the sender or the origin of a review or rating;
- knowingly provide or submit false or misleading information;
- take any action that would undermine the review and rating process under the Sites and Services;
- attempt to gain unauthorized access to the Sites and Services, other user accounts, or other computer systems or networks connected to the Sites and Services;
- use the Sites and Services in any way that could interfere with the rights of Uibltt.com or the rights of other users of the Sites and Services;
- attempt to gain unauthorized access to any portion or feature of the Sites and Services, or any other systems or networks connected to the Sites and Services or to any server used by http://thegstt.org by hacking, password 'mining' or any other illegitimate or unauthorized means, including attempting to obtain password, account, or any other personal or private information from any other Sites and Services user;
- transmit or submit any transmission or other materials that are encrypted or that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, spiders, cancel bots or other computer programming routines that is likely or intended to damage, interfere with, disrupt, impair, disable or otherwise overburden the Sites and Services;
- access, download, monitor, or copy any information contained on our Sites and Services through artificial means (including but not limited to use any 'deep-link', 'scraper', 'robot', 'spider' or other automatic device, program, algorithm or methodology, or any similar or equivalent automatic or manual process, or in any way reproduce or circumvent the navigational structure or presentation of the Sites and Services or any content, to obtain or attempt to obtain any Content, materials, documents or information through any means not purposely made available through the Sites and Services; or
- probe, scan or test the vulnerability of the Sites and Services or any network connected to the Sites and Services, nor breach the security or authentication measures on or of the Sites and Services or any network connected to the Sites and Services. You may not reverse look-up, trace or seek to trace any information on any other user of the Sites and Services, or any other customer of thegstt.org, including any thegstt.org account not owned by you, to its source, or exploit the Sites and Services or any service or information made available or offered by or through the Sites and Services, in any way where the purpose is to reveal any information, including but not limited to personal identification or information other than your own information, except as expressly authorized by Uibltt.com and provided for by the Sites and Services;
5.0 Members’ Terms and Conditions for the Access and Use of Electronic Services
The Geological Society of Trinidad and Tobago may require that you create an account to use or access certain parts of the Sites and Services and use certain products and features. We may require that you provide login information such as a username and password to access and utilize your account. As a condition of your use of the Sites and Service, you agree to (a) provide http://thegstt.org with true, accurate, current and complete information as prompted by the http://thegstt.org registration forms, when registering for or using the Sites and Services and (b) update and maintain the truthfulness, accuracy and completeness of such information. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of any password or other account information not generally available to others and are fully responsible for all activities that occur under your username and password. While there are limited, legitimate reasons for creating multiple accounts, creating serial or overlapping accounts may result in account termination. Please contact us if you have questions about managing multiple accounts.
- Subscribers are provided with login details (username and password) with which they may access restricted sections of the Society’s website, as well as selected electronic content hosted on the Publications, Membership and Store Sections.
- Login details are provided solely for the personal use of members (ie to assist in their own learning, research or work). Login details may not be shared with, or provided to, any other person for any purpose, nor may material accessed or downloaded by any member be shared with, or provided to, any other person.
- The Geological Society of Trinidad and Tobago actively monitors usage and will contact members or subscribers whose download rates appear excessive. If excessive downloads continue the Society reserves the right to re-set members’ login details or, in extreme cases, bar access to electronic services altogether.
- From 2018 subscriptions for membership could be paid for online.
5.1 Members’ Terms and Conditions for the Access and Use of the GSTT Store
At the Geological Society of Trinidad and Tobago’s online store, users have
access a widest range of content and merchandise. However, it is important that
users recognise the substantial investment made by the Geological Society of
Trinidad and Tobago in protecting and enhancing its brand and identity. It is
necessary, therefore, to impose conditions on the use of material available
within the GSTT Store.
- Permissions requests and policy
5.2 Members Terms and Conditions for the Access and Use of Subscriptions
By accessing or using the subscription interface, members agree to be bound by the terms and conditions of use:
- Access to the subscription interface is not granted until full payment of membership fees to GSTT has been made;
- Your access rights shall automatically expire upon termination or expiration of your membership with GSTT.
6.0 Termination of Access
The Geological Society of Trinidad and Tobago may terminate your privilege to use or access the Sites and Services immediately and without notice for any reason whatsoever. Upon such termination, you must immediately cease accessing or using the Sites and Services and agree not access or make use of, or attempt to use, the Sites and Services. Furthermore, you acknowledge that thgstt.org reserves the right to take action (technical, legal or otherwise), to block, nullify or deny your ability to access the Sites and Services. You understand that thegstt.org may exercise this right in its sole discretion, and this right shall be in addition to and not in substitution for any other rights and remedies available to thegstt.org.
6.1 Delay and Inaccessibility
The Sites and Services may be subject to limitations, delays, failure, and other problems inherent in the use of the Internet and electronic communications. The Geological Society of Trinidad and Tobago is not responsible for any delays, failures or other damage resulting from such problems.
7.0 Governing Law
7.2 Contacting Us
If you have any comments or questions regarding these Terms, or wish to report any violation of these Terms of Service, please contact us at email@example.com. We will address any issue to the best of our abilities.
In no event shall the Geological Society of Trinidad and Tobago nor its host, be
liable for any direct, indirect, special, incidental, punitive or consequential
damage (including, but not limited to, loss of data, business disruption or loss
of profits) arising out of the use of, or the inability to access our membership
subscription or online store.
The content of the Publications Section is provided “as is”, and neither the Geological Society of Trinidad and Tobago nor its host, warrant or guarantee its accuracy, completeness, fitness for particular purpose or non-infringement.
Descriptions of, or references to, products, publications or services, or inclusion of any advertisement, neither constitutes nor implies guarantee, endorsement, support or approval of that product, publication or service.
Every effort has been made to trace copyright holders of material used on this website. If any rights have been omitted or unintentionally infringed, the Society offers its apologies. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org in this case and we will be happy to add credits or remove the material in question